Welcome to the New Zealand Sterile Sciences Association
NZSSA is the professional body for NZ Sterile Services, promoting high quality of service delivery and patient care outcomes, achieved through education and professional representation.
The association’s main objectives are:
- To foster, promote and encourage interest amongst the members of the Association and others in the study of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To promote and encourage the implementation and upgrading of principles and practices of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To encourage the publication of any useful information relating to Sterile Sciences practices.
- To promote conferences for the consideration of all questions concerning medical device reprocessing.
- To liaise with other sterilisation ‘associations’ throughout the world in an effort to increase knowledge and understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences and to share that information with all members.
- To work with government departments and regulatory authorities to improve practice and increase the understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- Hello everyone, the first educators/staff trainers meeting on November the Tuesday 7th at 10am. The purpose of this first meeting is for educators around NZ and […]
- Kia ora, with the release of the updated Incorporated Societies Act the NZSSA needs to be review the constitution and rules of the Association. As part […]
- Kia ora, this message is for services considering employment of overseas applicants and the applicants themselves. Where a technician currently working and living overseas applies for […]