Welcome to the New Zealand Sterile Sciences Association
NZSSA is the professional body for NZ Sterile Services, promoting high quality of service delivery and patient care outcomes, achieved through education and professional representation.
The association’s main objectives are:
- To foster, promote and encourage interest amongst the members of the Association and others in the study of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To promote and encourage the implementation and upgrading of principles and practices of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To encourage the publication of any useful information relating to Sterile Sciences practices.
- To promote conferences for the consideration of all questions concerning medical device reprocessing.
- To liaise with other sterilisation ‘associations’ throughout the world in an effort to increase knowledge and understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences and to share that information with all members.
- To work with government departments and regulatory authorities to improve practice and increase the understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- Applications are open for the educator position at Hawkes Bay Sterile Services Department. To check out this great opportunity of a full time position click on […]
- There is a new site for the Otago University Faculty of Dentistry in Auckland and they need Dental assistants. Follow this link for more information and […]
- Following on from my last post regarding AS/NZS 4187, and my letter writing to those in high places, I have attended a meeting at the request […]
- Recently you may have all heard rumblings regarding the standard AS/NZS4187:2014 NZ has representation on the joint standard committee HE-023 which develops and updates the standard. […]