Welcome to the New Zealand Sterile Sciences Association
NZSSA is the professional body for NZ Sterile Services, promoting high quality of service delivery and patient care outcomes, achieved through education and professional representation.
The association’s main objectives are:
- To foster, promote and encourage interest amongst the members of the Association and others in the study of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To promote and encourage the implementation and upgrading of principles and practices of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To encourage the publication of any useful information relating to Sterile Sciences practices.
- To promote conferences for the consideration of all questions concerning medical device reprocessing.
- To liaise with other sterilisation ‘associations’ throughout the world in an effort to increase knowledge and understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences and to share that information with all members.
- To work with government departments and regulatory authorities to improve practice and increase the understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- The AGM is normally held as part of the Annual Conference. This meeting is required under the C&R and the Executive are still working through how […]
- Due to the COVID-19 situation the Executive have taken the very difficult decision to cancel the annual conference. This situation has created a lot of uncertainty […]
- Sterile Services Assistant/Technician, Hawkes Bay Hospital. Sterile Services Unit at Hawkes Bay Hospital are looking for x2 people with sterile service experience. Please go to the […]