Welcome to the New Zealand Sterile Sciences Association
NZSSA is the professional body for NZ Sterile Services, promoting high quality of service delivery and patient care outcomes, achieved through education and professional representation.
The association’s main objectives are:
- To foster, promote and encourage interest amongst the members of the Association and others in the study of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To promote and encourage the implementation and upgrading of principles and practices of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To encourage the publication of any useful information relating to Sterile Sciences practices.
- To promote conferences for the consideration of all questions concerning medical device reprocessing.
- To liaise with other sterilisation ‘associations’ throughout the world in an effort to increase knowledge and understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences and to share that information with all members.
- To work with government departments and regulatory authorities to improve practice and increase the understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- I recently couriered out badges to Diploma and Certificate graduates. Sadly I have received two back with “not known at this address” if you know Allison […]
- The project to bring AS/NZS 4187 and AS/NZS 4815 together as a single standard on reprocessing reusable medical devices has created a draft of the standard […]
- ASP are providing an opportunity to add to your education hours through an interesting webinar: The outbreaks with duodenoscopes identified in the last decade have brought […]