Welcome to the New Zealand Sterile Sciences Association
NZSSA is the professional body for NZ Sterile Services, promoting high quality of service delivery and patient care outcomes, achieved through education and professional representation.
The association’s main objectives are:
- To foster, promote and encourage interest amongst the members of the Association and others in the study of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To promote and encourage the implementation and upgrading of principles and practices of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To encourage the publication of any useful information relating to Sterile Sciences practices.
- To promote conferences for the consideration of all questions concerning medical device reprocessing.
- To liaise with other sterilisation ‘associations’ throughout the world in an effort to increase knowledge and understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences and to share that information with all members.
- To work with government departments and regulatory authorities to improve practice and increase the understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- Congratulations to Tracey Kereopa CSSD Manager Masterton Hospital. Tracey has had a paper that she wrote accepted for publication this month in the international journal of […]
- As you may be aware ASP(Sterrad) sent out communications stating that you may be able to sterilise single use N95 masks. The communication states that this […]
- The article below may be of interest to you all. It supports the theory that reusing masks can be endangering the lives of health workers. Click […]