Welcome to the New Zealand Sterile Sciences Association
NZSSA is the professional body for NZ Sterile Services, promoting high quality of service delivery and patient care outcomes, achieved through education and professional representation.
The association’s main objectives are:
- To foster, promote and encourage interest amongst the members of the Association and others in the study of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To promote and encourage the implementation and upgrading of principles and practices of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To encourage the publication of any useful information relating to Sterile Sciences practices.
- To promote conferences for the consideration of all questions concerning medical device reprocessing.
- To liaise with other sterilisation ‘associations’ throughout the world in an effort to increase knowledge and understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences and to share that information with all members.
- To work with government departments and regulatory authorities to improve practice and increase the understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- The dates are out for the GENCA fundamentals of reprocessing courses for 2019. Registrations are also open. Please click on the attachment below to view details. […]
- There is a vacancy for a 0.9FTE Sterile Services Assistant at Hawkes Bay District Health Board. Please see the attached advertisement. 0.9 position for NZSSA website
- The NZSSA are pleased to announce that from February/March 2019 our courses will be provided by Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Rotorua. Toi Ohomai has a […]