Welcome to the New Zealand Sterile Sciences Association
NZSSA is the professional body for NZ Sterile Services, promoting high quality of service delivery and patient care outcomes, achieved through education and professional representation.
The association’s main objectives are:
- To foster, promote and encourage interest amongst the members of the Association and others in the study of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To promote and encourage the implementation and upgrading of principles and practices of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To encourage the publication of any useful information relating to Sterile Sciences practices.
- To promote conferences for the consideration of all questions concerning medical device reprocessing.
- To liaise with other sterilisation ‘associations’ throughout the world in an effort to increase knowledge and understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences and to share that information with all members.
- To work with government departments and regulatory authorities to improve practice and increase the understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- Rem Systems have generously decided to fill the gap in education days in the South Island. The details for these meetings are on the education page […]
- The NZSSA have made available scholarships for tertiary education and attendance of the NZSSA conference 2021. These scholarships are now open for applicants. The application forms […]
- I have been advised by Pharmac that they have now been made aware of a national shortage of sterilizing wrap by Halyard NZ. Pharmac are seeking […]