Welcome to the New Zealand Sterile Sciences Association
NZSSA is the professional body for NZ Sterile Services, promoting high quality of service delivery and patient care outcomes, achieved through education and professional representation.
The association’s main objectives are:
- To foster, promote and encourage interest amongst the members of the Association and others in the study of the Sterile Services concept and allied problems, with a view to increasing the efficiency of the service provided by hospitals in New Zealand to patients and the public generally
- To promote and encourage the implementation and upgrading of principles and practices of sterilisation
- To encourage the publication of any useful information concerning Sterile Service practices
- To promote conferences for the consideration of all questions relating to Sterile Services and allied fields.
- AS/NZS 4187:2014 Reprocessing of reusable medical devices in health service organisations The new standard is available as of today through Standards NZ. To purchase follow this […]
- “The NZSSA were today made aware of an article printed in the Otago Daily Times which highlighted some practices that your association does not support. If […]
- Hi everyone, Well, it’s finally arrived. The time to take off my scrubs, bouffant hat, decontamination gear and go and enjoy life. I am retiring on […]