Welcome to the New Zealand Sterile Sciences Association
NZSSA is the professional body for NZ Sterile Services, promoting high quality of service delivery and patient care outcomes, achieved through education and professional representation.
The association’s main objectives are:
- To foster, promote and encourage interest amongst the members of the Association and others in the study of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To promote and encourage the implementation and upgrading of principles and practices of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- To encourage the publication of any useful information relating to Sterile Sciences practices.
- To promote conferences for the consideration of all questions concerning medical device reprocessing.
- To liaise with other sterilisation ‘associations’ throughout the world in an effort to increase knowledge and understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences and to share that information with all members.
- To work with government departments and regulatory authorities to improve practice and increase the understanding of medical device reprocessing sciences.
- Recently it was brought to the attention of the NZSSA that the pins and a drill bit in the Attune Balanced Sizer Tray are in fact […]
- World Sterile Sciences Day on the 10th April is the chance to celebrate the excellent work produced by our departments and the sterile technicians around New […]
- Nominations are invited for positions on the NZSSA Executive for the term 2018 -2021. All members of the Executive including the President and Secretary are to be […]