NZSSA Annual Conference 2018
Ellerslie Event Centre, Auckland
19 – 21 September 2018, Wednesday to Friday
Sterile Sciences – The Hidden Treasure of Healthcare
Registration will be confirmed at the Executive meeting on 16 February. Registration forms will be released after this date.
Get prepared to be in quick – Early Bird Registration will end on 31 July 2018.
Click the below link for the registration form.
THURSDAY 20 SEPTEMBER, 1800 – 2400 hours
Ah me hearty’s come along as a pirate and join the fun of the evening!
The nearest hotels are the IBIS and Novotel Ellerslie, both of the Accor Group. To take advantage of these options click on the link below for instructions on how to access the conference rates while booking.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
NZSSA 2018 conference committee invites industry personnel, companies & academics within the sterilising industry to submit abstracts for oral presentation at the NZSSA 44th Annual conference.
DELEGATE KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Provide delegates with knowledge of new and emerging technologies
- To enable delegates to share quality initiatives with their peers
- To educate delegates with “ISO” and national standards and to provide delegates with practical pathway to implement the requirements into their departments.
- To provide delegates with a diverse range of speakers which will enhance the delegate’s knowledge base and enable them to disseminate this to their workplaces.
Our conference theme this year is “Sterile Sciences – The Hidden Treasure of Healthcare” and has a focus around compliance with AS/NZS 4187:2014 and what is happening in our workplaces around the country.
CONTENT THAT FALLS INTO THE BELOW CATEGORIES MAY BE SUBMITTED:
- Quality Management – Compliance and assessing risk
- Process Improvements in your Workplace
- Research & Development – New Technology
- Education, Training, Professional Developments
- Medical Device Reprocessing
- Medical Device Design
- Advancement of Industry in New Zealand
** You may email Nicki Quested direct if you have another topic idea that you wish to be considered by the conference committee. firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual General Meeting, Friday 21 September 2018
Remits for presentation at the Annual General Meeting need to be given to the NZSSA Secretary no later than Wednesday 27 June 2018 for inclusion in the Annual Report.
Preliminary Conference Programme and Information
Click this link for the programme
Monitor this site regularly as the programme may be subject to change. Key aspects of the conference are:
Wednesday 19th Sept 2018, Newmarket Room, 1800 – 2100 hours
Trades Opening & Welcome Function
Our trade exhibitors are solidly supporting the NZSSA and the sterilising industry of New Zealand. The trade opening is a good informal way to start the conference and identify which exhibitors are there. Make sure you are there to see what’s new and make the most of comparing products and broadening your understanding of the products and their purpose.
Thursday 20th Sept & Friday 21st Sept 2018, Great Northern Room, 0900 – 1630 hours
Thursday 20th Sept 2018
Conference Dinner 1800 – midnight
Friday 21st Sept 2018, Great Northern Room
NZSSA Annual General Meeting (NZSSA Members only), 0730 – 0900 hours