Membership classifications to the NZ Sterile Sciences Association are listed below.
A person employed in the reprocessing of reusable medical devices in a Health Service Organisation (HSO), or is directly involved with the sterile sciences (ie education delivery, management of the service and who has paid the annual subscription.
A technician who has graduated from the Sterilising Technology or recognized entry level sterile sciences qualification, and is officially recognized by the Association.
A qualified technician who has applied for and gained registration and has paid the annual subscription. If registration is not maintained, the designation will revert to Graduate Member. Registered members shall pay the annual subscription.
Any member or employee of a body, organisation or company that is directly engaged in some aspect of medical device processing but who is not currently employed in a HSO, and who has paid the annual subscription.
A person who, by unanimous vote of the National Executive, has been elected an Honorary Member by virtue of the fact that their membership will add prestige to the Association.
Any person who, by unanimous vote, has been elected such by the National Executive in recognition of services rendered to the Association or its objectives or who has made any outstanding contribution to the practice of sterile sciences.
Application for NZSSA Membership
- Application for membership shall be submitted to the National Treasurer in writing on the appropriate form.
- Membership of the Association shall be effective upon approval of a completed form and receipt of the specified subscription.
Applying for membership
- Complete the online form or print off and complete the “Membership Application Form”.
- Email or post the completed form, along with $50, to the Treasurer at the address given.
- For payment options go to the Payments and Refund page.
Membership renewal notices are sent to each member when they fall due.
For payment options go to the Payments and Refund page.