Sterilising Unit Technician, MercyAscot Hospitals
MercyAscot is one of New Zealand's largest private surgical facilities with 22 theatres across 3 sites. The Central Sterile Services Department (CSSD) is a crucial part of our hospitals success and is responsible for the decontamination, assembly, sterilisation, and packaging of all equipment used within our operating suites. We are the backbone of our theatres' operation and with the ever-increasing number of daily operations, Sterile Services talent are becoming more and more sought-after for us.
As a Sterilising Unit Technician at MercyAscot you will join a hard-working team of more than 20 professionals who have come to us from all walks of life (with previous experience as Mechanic, Lab Technician, Pharmacy Technician and even Teacher!), led by our very capable CSSD Manager. If you are a multitasker, love hands-on work and are quick to think on your feet - we can't wait to hear from you!
This is permanent full-time role (1.0 FTE, 80 hours per fortnight) at Ascot Hospital. The working hours for this role are rostered shifts between 06:30 - 22:00 Monday to Friday, but may include weekend work from time to time.
Our preferred candidates will have:
- Already obtained NZSSA level 3 Certificate in Sterilising Technology OR an interest in pursuing this qualification
- Previous experience in Sterile Services function within a hospital setting/surgical environment
- Excellent organisational skills and be a motivated, reliable team player
- A meticulous eye for detail and great communication skills
- Hands-on interest in surgical equipment/technology
In return, we offer you:
- Competitive remuneration
- Free car parking on-site
- Ongoing professional development and supported orientation programme (support with education hours and study days towards your Certificate)
- A fantastic team-based working environment where people support each other day-in, day-out
- Christmas and New year close-down
- And so many other employee benefits - check these out on our Careers site!
Wondering what it's like to work at MercyAscot Hospitals? Have a look at what our current employees have to say!
If you love teamwork and want to be part of our dynamic and ever-growing organisation, click APPLY! Please note only NZ citizens/residents will be considered for this role.
Applications close midnight 17 February 2019.
|Posted on||01 Feb 2019|
|Closes on||17 Feb 2019 23:55|
|Job level(s)||Intermediate (1-3 years), Experienced (3 years plus)|
|Work type(s)||Permanent, Full Time|
|More details (document)||Sterilising Unit Technician - March 2015.pdf|